Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I go where the party takes me.










Was an awesome opening!
Equipped with my b/f, my cousins, my friends, some drinks, a trip to Palmerston North, DJ Maddy, some class mates. Was good.
Had a discussion with my b/f and his friends about some work they were questioning. They had asked if everyone in the art world takes photographs of two guys kissing or having eye sex, stated they felt scared for their lives if thats what the art world was all about. I had to giggle at the comments they were making. For starters, I reminded Jason about when I was life modelling, also reminded him of the nude self portraits I did when we first got together. Then I reminded him of the exhibition we saw up in Papakura Community Art Centre and all the walls were images of two males again, nude, kissing, and what not.
I sit here and wonder why the homophobic comments, maybe unsure of two males? same sex?
hmmmm.... I'll keep pondering.






















- Mila

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Wanganui, New Zealand
Camillia Afele

Followers


View My Stats